Reporting to the Inventory Manager, the purpose of the role is to lead a team of 2 inventory specialists and to take overall responsibility for managing distribution requirements in the UK and Ireland. Supporting the wider supply planning and inventory process for parts identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement, whilst taking ownership for personal workload.
Manage a team of Inventory Specialists
- Implement the PDP process with all members of the team in line with company standards.
- Take responsibility for coaching and performance managing all members of the team.
- Ensure that all team members operate in line with department procedures & work instructions.
Deliver Business Objectives
- Manage the inventory planning system to ensure that the system set-up and configuration adheres to the stock holding policy to deliver optimised levels of inventory whilst minimising working capital.
- Proactive monitoring of stock levels to manage and minimise the risk of running out of all critical parts to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Monitor demand and analyse data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs, making proposals to senior stakeholders.
- Propose strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
- Manage inventory status reporting for all products and components to ensure they are maintained to the correct status to optimise inventory, highlighting and managing any overstocks and obsolescence.
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate and timely financial reconciliation and cross charging
- Provide accurate inventory reporting to the business to support recommendations
Process & Performance Improvement
- Drive continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and consistency are maximised, reducing costs/risks, motivating all staff to deliver improvement and manage a change process.
- Drive a right first-time approach that leads with strategic excellence to deliver operational efficiency.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in a Supply Chain / inventory planning environment preferably with experience in team leadership.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject or relevant work experience in analysis, forecasting and planning
- Interpersonal skills both written and oral at all levels within an organisation.
- Experienced in best practise Supply Chain, Procurement and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Self driven and motivated to achieve completion of projects in a timely manner
- Good working knowledge of IT System and Software Packages including ERP, Word and Excel.
- Leadership / Developing Self and Others
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal and Influencing / Communication
- Analytical Abilities / Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making / Exercising Judgement
- Building Expertise / Quest for Knowledge
- Planning and Organisation
- Adaptability / Change Orientation Pioneering
- Self-Management (Integrity, resilience, Flexibility)
- Pace and Ambition
- Professional and Ethical in approach
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.