Responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, optimising and improving the environment.
The Infrastructure Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximise the benefit of IT systems, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. A can-do, proactive approach is essential to aid innovation and continuous improvement.
Ensure high levels of performance, availability and security throughout the IT infrastructure.
· Physical and logical network design, monitoring, optimisation and security.
· Management of Virtual Servers, Operating systems and the desktop estate.
· Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
· Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems.
· Undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems.
· Produce relevant documentation and project plans.
· Manage, configure and develop the LAN and WAN across Europe.
· Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge.
· Provide operational and technical support documentation as appropriate.
· Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
· Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document all changes.
· Provide out of hours support for critical production systems as needed.
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours – whilst working towards in-hours releases.
Qualifications and Skills
he ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level / equivalent and possess expert knowledge in some of the technologies currently used. Specific experience is unimportant as tools many change, though the candidate should have a broad knowledge in the field.
Current TVS Technologies include:
· Microsoft O365, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019, SQL Server, Exchange online.
· Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, Microsoft IIS
· VMware vSphere, Desktop Central, Arcserve Backup, Sophos, Nessus, PRTG
· IP Stack, Managed Switches and structured cabling
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
· Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
· 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
· Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
1. GP consultation and second opinions
2. Mental health support
3. Financial and Legal support
4. Wellbeing and healthy living support
· Employee referral scheme with financial reward
· Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
· Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
· Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.