Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer
The role of the Health and Safety Officer is to support our UK Health and Safety team, working predominantly across two sites in the Leicester region but available to support the wider UK TVS operational sites, maintaining and protecting current health and safety standards within the organisation and ensuring compliance to changing health and safety legislation. A key objective of the role is to help drive the organisation’s standards to world class status and protect the health, safety & wellbeing of our people in the workplace.
- Reviewing and setting the standards for investigations, recorded incidents, accidents, safety concerns and complaints and cases of ill health and determining root cause and containment and corrective action plans. Reduction in accidents and incidents and encouraging the reporting of safety concerns
- Training and developing operational leaders in managing health and safety in the workplace.
- Carrying out risk assessments and site inspections, maintaining current standards in line with legal requirements.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed safely and correctly in compliance with PUWER Legislation
- Ensuring all LOLER legislation is maintained and managed
- Identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks
- Carrying out site inductions and contractor inductions in accordance with legislation, maintaining records and compiling site HS compliance folders
- Compiling monthly statistics and presenting them to the site via HS meetings
- Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
- Making health and safety presentations to groups of employees and managers at team briefs etc.
- Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees, carrying out training of the basic health and safety skills criteria
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Creating and maintaining the fire evacuation procedure and all related documentation, training and drills. Ensuring the maintenance of all fire safety equipment and ensuring the fire audit is current and compliant.
- Maintaining our ISO 45001 accreditation across sites and driving the health and safety culture across all teams
- Working in conjunction with the quality and environmental teams ensuring full compliance on site
- Being a visible representative of a good health and safety culture at all times
- Working closely with all our customers and clients and being able to share best practises
- Guidance in emergency situations
- Enforcing the company’s health and safety policies
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health.
- City & Guilds Level 5,6,7 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
- NCRQ Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of first aid procedures
- Member of IOSH/IOSH Qualification
- Fire Risk Assessor
- Racking Inspection knowledge
- ISO 45001 knowledge
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.