Head of Commodity Management
Head of Commodity Management
The Head of Commodity Management is a key member of TVS’ Senior Leadership team working within Team Leidos to deliver the Ministry of Defence’s (MOD) Logistics Commodities and Services Transformation Programme (LCST) which is a 13 year contract to procure commodities, store and distribute defence inventory.
The Commodity Management team is responsible for defining the products to source within the scope of the LCST contract. These products, which total over 80,000 individual items, include clothing, medical consumables and pharmaceuticals, food and ‘general supplies’ items. The Commodity Management team translates MOD requirements into ‘supplier friendly’ product specifications and provides commodity-specific technical expertise throughout the life of each product. Product quality and product data management are also part of the team’s responsibility. The team’s goal is to ensure that the right product is provided, in a way that facilitates the best price and availability for our customer.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited, to:
- Leading and managing the Commodity Management team of 70 colleagues
- Providing an ‘intelligent supplier’ capability and personally interacting with senior officers within the UK Armed Services to provide advice and constructive challenge to inform product requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the Commodity Management requirements within the LCST Contract and more widely with all applicable statutory product/technical requirements.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and the empowerment of team members to solve challenges collectively.
- Providing wider input to Team Leidos and TVS’ own business objectives, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven ability and resilience to lead and manage large, diverse teams, ideally in a multi-project type environment.
- Experience, gravitas and proven track record of building effective relationships with senior personnel both internally and externally to influence positive outcomes.
- An enquiring mind and the drive for continuous improvement.
- A good understanding of product requirement setting and procurement processes, ideally within the MOD environment.
- To support effective team management and customer liaison, able to mix work from office in north Bristol with home working.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays) with the option to buy a further 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.