Graduate Data Analyst
Graduate Data Analyst
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Junior Business Analyst working for TVS as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Please note that we work on a Hybrid model of 4 days WFH and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, North Bristol. Therefore, you need to live in reasonable commuting distance of Bristol.
Support current business performance reporting requirements, collate and manipulate information from multiple sources to produce quality deliverables to meet contractual reporting requirements.
- Support the development of a BI Reporting tool and new IT solutions to ensure business reporting requirements are captured and that information is available in a logical and accessible format.
- Scope to deliver ad hoc reporting and management information requests from the business, provide interpretation of requirements to deliver quality deliverables to agreed deadlines and in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in the design and development of new reporting solutions to meet business requirements, propose new value adding metrics and procedures and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to agree improvements to existing performance tools & techniques with knowledge of supply chain data or data management.
- Analyse current business performance & challenges, to diagnose the root cause of failures and inform continuous improvement actions with an ambition to visualise complex data in manageable formats.
- Manage stakeholder’s requirements and expectations to achievable and manageable outputs from all areas of the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; ability to interpret system generated data, produce reports, and collate input from Stakeholders within the organisation, with the enthusiasm to root out opportunities and drive through performance improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build successful working relationships with team members, key stakeholders and other departmental teams.
- A strong level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including advanced Excel.
Working knowledge of Cognos or similar technology (Ideally DB2 webquery).
Experience in supply chain data or Data visualisation.
- Working knowledge of Databases and data manipulation techniques
- Previous experience in a similar reporting role.
- Basic understanding of SQL or VBA
We work on a hybrid model with 4 days WFH and 1 day in our offices in Emersons Green. We operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and an earlier finish time on Friday afternoon ensuring a good work life balance.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer