TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists supporting a major contract that provides an end-to-end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Footwear Technical Manager to join the vibrant and dynamic team committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
· Working within a team to deliver customer requirements for footwear items, ranging from safety footwear to combat boots, fitness trainers and ceremonial footwear.
· Ensure all footwear items within the range adhere to the specification and are compliant to the customer’s requirements and any relevant legislation and standards.
· Provide customer facing and Industry facing support and guidance concerning footwear items in your area.
· Ensuring all items within your area are managed through life and contract, maintaining critical path information and including Acquisition Safety Management and Product Quality Assurance.
· Undertake the processing of the technical data relating to the Footwear items within your range including master and standard patterns, samples, manufacturing, test reports and product certification.
· Perform technical inspections, creating and communicating written reports, and monitor quality throughout the life of a contract.
· Maintain technical product details within the in-house databases eg Msys, PDM and Ecatalogue
· Ensure the management of your items through the Supply Chain Process.
· Form part of the Project Team which manages the tender process for footwear contracts. This support would include evaluation of bids and samples.
· Assist in the Research and Development process of new or innovative items, to include product trials.
· Create, maintain and update specifications.
· Assist in management of (receipt, storage, retrieval and maintenance) of patterns and samples held within the Pattern Room.
· Visit suppliers and relevant industry meetings and exhibitions to maintain and enhance footwear product knowledge.
· Engage with the military customer for footwear technical related discussions and decisions.
· Ensure all reported defective items within your area are seen through to resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
· Educated to A-Level or equivalent.
· Previous experience with footwear production operations, techniques and construction methods.
· Knowledge of footwear materials and components
· Highly motivated with high attention to detail.
· Computer literate – experienced in using databases and spreadsheets.
· Ability to prioritise and deliver in a fast-paced environment