Finance Assistant (15-25 hours)
Finance Assistant (15-25 hours)
The Finance Administrator role is part of the commercial accounting function of TVS, financially managing a variety of major defence projects for the group. This role is to support the Commercial Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts, and the financial administration of colleague’s expenses, time and attendance tracking and payroll administration.
15 to 25 hours a week, these can be worked between 3 and 5 days a week to meet personal requirements such as school hours or other commitments.
- Manipulating data in Excel, using various standard formulas such as SUMIF, VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Utilising TVS applications to assist the Commercial Accountant with Journal processing, preparing journals and inputting into the system
- Balance sheet reconciliations, excel manipulation reconciling profit & loss and assets and liabilities
- Assisting with month end processes for producing the monthly management accounts, i.e. gathering data around timesheets and expenses
- Tracking and processing expense claims, checking data between sources and ensuring they are reconciled
- Sales and Purchase ledger support as required
- Supporting the internal audit processes for compliance purposes
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Level or equivalent in Maths to at least a B grade or 6.
- Good Excel skills ideally with the ability to use VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables and SUMIF formulas, however training and development will be provided to intermediate Excel users.
- Attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Organised and methodical in your approach
- Tact and discretion as you will have access to confidential data
- This role would ideally suit someone adept at manipulating data in Excel and completing highly detailed tasks but who also requires flexible working to meet commitments outside of work.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.