Excess Inventory Co-ordinator
Excess Inventory Co-ordinator
The purpose of the role is to provide a single point of ownership focused on all aspects of Excess Inventory on the Network Rail contract covering both prevention and its ongoing management.
The role will combine aspects of Inventory Planning, Customer Service, Supply Chain & Account Management to ensure the impact on the profitability of the contract from Excess stock write-off is minimised.
The candidate will need to be conscientious, commercially astute, and resilient. Highly analytical and able to draw conclusions and put into practice the output of their investigations, the successful candidate will be required to liaise with multiple internal departments, along with being externally facing as they deal with stakeholders within the Client and the Suppliers.
This is a new role within the business and as such the candidate will be expected to play an active part in applying continuous improvement methodologies in order to shape the day to day activities of this role as it evolves to meet the ultimate purpose of restricting the impact of Excess Stock.
As a minimum the role will involve the following duties:
- Review high value and/or high-volume orders on a weekly basis to validate they are genuine, understand the cause of the order, identify if demand will be ongoing or a one-off and understand the impact of any potential variance between Customer requirement and Supplier MOQ’s
- Monitor and review all sales order lines held by the system due to hitting the Heavy Order Trap parameters and identify when orders can be released.
- Review and sentence Customer requests for order cancellations and liaise with Supply Chain team to cancel and/or return stock to suppliers.
- Review and sentence Customer return requests for unwanted items. Liaise with Supply Chain team to return stock to suppliers where necessary.
- Review impact of cancelled orders within system demand history to ensure correct ongoing forecasting.
- Maintain an active Order book reconciliation process with the client.
- Monitor demand patterns to identify stocked products where demand has ceased suddenly and determine route cause and necessary actions.
- Identify opportunities for supplier buy-back by monitoring overstocked items, current Excess and potential future Excess.
- Monitor and manage stocks of items where NR have agreed to underwrite stock liability
- Monitor items being made obsolete / consolidated, either internally or by Network Rail, and ensure all stock is consumed or transferred.
- Identify opportunities to consume Excess stock across other TVS clients
- Analyse, identify items and create content to be shared with Network Rail to be included in monthly communications out to end users to generate interest in high value/overstocked items and review the impact on subsequent demand
- Propose items to be considered for scrapping exercises where all other routes for Excess disposal have been considered
Qualifications and Skills
The attitude and approach of the candidate who applies for this role will be as important as their work experience to date. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes but given this is a new role some gaps are expected.
- Experience in logistics & supply chain operations, within the rail sector would be advantageous
- Working in an environment where performance targets must be met
- Previous Business development/sales experience
- Strong relationship builder
- Conscientious and Diligent
- Analytical and Numerate
- Highly systems literate
- A quick learner able to accurately assimilate a wide variety of information
- Practical and hands-on problem solver capable of implementing change
- Direct first-hand experience of dealing with external stakeholders
- Ability to think commercially
- Empathetic and persuasive person
- Able to provide innovative and well thought out solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
Due to the current pandemic situation we are currently adhering to all government advice, limited number of people in the office at any given time with working from home options available.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.