Equipment Support Manager
Equipment Support Manager
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
Based at Emersons Green we are now recruiting for an Equipment Support Manager working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
The role of Equipment Support Manager is to provide and deliver a consistent and reliable Commodity Support Inventory Plan and an effective Equipment Management plan for the Team Leidos Community. You will:
- Provide a customer-focused technical support function.
- Work with FLCs, Surgeon General’s Department, suppliers and research bodies to identify and develop affordable products to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Manage the technical support and data relating to the introduction to service and through life support of equipment and consumables.
- Provide the Medical, Dental and Veterinary technical competency to advise on product modifications, manage safety cases and safety issues.
- Maintain equipment and consumable technical product details within Msys.PDM.
- Produce and maintain user documents (AESPs) for medical, dental and veterinary equipment.
- Provide equipment technical support and advice to customer technical teams.
- Manage the training programme for new equipment introductions.
- Manage the repair and calibration of equipment, some of which are medical, dental and veterinary equipment in inventory.
- Visit Suppliers and relevant Industry Meetings and Exhibitions to maintain and enhance equipment and consumables product knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills
- A formal qualification at a minimum of HNC electrical and electronic engineering supported by experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM holding either Eng. Tech or I.Eng status) or working towards.
- A background in medical equipment engineering that has been developed over a number of years across a diverse range of medical equipment technology.
- Knowledge of MOD through life support processes and policy.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.