TVSSCS are a world leading supply chain service provider, providing supply chain solutions across many industries including Defence, Utilities, Rail, Beverage and Automotive.
Our Environmental Health and Safety Officer will be required to maintain, develop and expand upon existing ISO14001 and ISO45001 certified management systems and all that this includes. The successful candidate would lead continual improvement projects across both management systems and deal with the day to day running of those systems including internal audit, incident management, chairing applicable meetings, management review and being the lead on external surveillance audits. The role would require some client facing interactions along with occasional travel to other UK TVS sites and is ideal for someone who has relevant subject matter experience who is looking to develop and take on more responsibility.
- Maintain the environmental and health & safety management systems, in compliance with ISO14001 and ISO45001 and to support the future growth of these
- To be our sustainability champion focused on driving forward positive change
- To focus upon social responsibility and to continue to build our profile in this area
- Monitor compliance to policies and procedures, manage any incidents and implement suitable corrective action
- Support the existing DC H&S Manager in capturing evidence applicable to the management system
- Capture data relating to EH&S activities within the business and produce KPI’s
- Drive key continual improvement projects through to delivery
- Report into our operational board on key topics
- Produce subject matter materials and deliver training
- Support in the integration of management systems to improve Compliance efficiency
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent or experience in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification
- Experience in maintaining UKAS accredited ISO certified management systems
- Experience of working in a Supply chain/warehouse environment is preferred
- Experience of delivering upon Science Based Targets would be beneficial
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.