Distribution Centre Shift Supervisor
Distribution Centre Shift Supervisor
- To supervise all operational processes, ensuring accurate and timely transaction of customer requirements in line with agreed SLA.
- Through effective leadership create an engaged workforce dedicated to maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of the Distribution Centre.
- Responsible for day to day management of DC colleagues, ensuring adherence to operating processes across areas including:
- Marshalling / Consolidation
- Reporting and analysis of errors
- Resolution of queries
- Daily team briefs
- Undertake proactive performance management of DC colleagues under your control to ensure that daily targets are achieved within time & budget constraints
- Take a lead role in identifying & implementing continuous improvement opportunities, focused on delivering inspirational service to our customers
- Ensure compliance with all TVS SCS policies and where necessary take steps to address issues
- Ensure Health & Safety is paramount, and that best practice is continually strived for
- Be an integral member of the wider DC management team supporting, co-operating and working with others to achieve common objectives
- Maintain T&A system on a daily basis i.e. Holidays, absence, training, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstratable knowledge of how a warehouse environment operates and its associated process flows
- Knowledge of operating within continuous improvement environment
- Ideally a member of the Institute of Logistics and Transports
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years experience working within a distributions centre environment
- Minimum of 2 years recent people management experience
- Experience of working within a unionised culture/environment
- Strong people management, motivational and leadership skills are essential
- Ability to think on your feet and make key decisions when under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Pro-active, forward thinking problem solver
- Good PC and analytical skills important
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility in the Wakefield area. There may potentially be a requirement from time to time to work at different sites, however these would also be within the West Yorkshire borough.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.