Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
The operation will provide essential Logistics services such as inbound & outbound customer fulfilment, value added services and utilisation of an approved network of transport providers. This is a dedicated and fast-paced 24/7 environment, embracing automation and operational best practices at the heart of the operation. We will embrace a culture of continuous improvement and drive excellent customer service.
- To ensure that a culture of operations excellence and continuous improvement are driven on site. The role will be responsible for building and managing a pipeline of cost down initiatives across all Operational.
- The Role will be responsible for delivering compliance to internal compliance and improvement standards.
- Provide appropriate management through effective planning, control, organisation and communication to ensure the pipeline of cost down and operational improvements is delivering in line with contractual requirements and in year plan.
- Work with the on-site leadership team to build an annual plan covering self-audit, process review, and cost down initiatives to ensure operational and contractual deliverables are met.
- Drive continuous improvement and support operational leads with planning and delivering action plans to achieve improvement targets at required levels.
- Build action plan and maintain an up to date tracker around initiatives to continuously improve productivity and drive all operational colleagues towards best in class market leading operations
- Monitor progress of action plans via a schedule of unplanned visits and report back to both the senior management team and client via monthly review schedule.
- Build and maintain an Ops Excellence tracker to provide the management team with a high-level progress tracker on all work streams including yearly progress against budget, action plans and contractual targets
- Investigate service failures across the operation and ensure appropriate remedial actions and operational improvements are put in place.
- Ensure proposed but not implemented improvements are captured, valued and reported back internally and externally to highlight cost down opportunities.
- Creation of cost models to ensure contractual cost down requirement is met.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and liaise on operational improvements to help the client move towards a more productive, efficient supply chain.
- Ensure progress and targets are communicated effectively across the operation – providing a monthly update.
Qualifications and Skills
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- Previous experience within a warehouse and transport operations delivering a CI and change programmes.
- Good level of operational experience of managing and/or collaborating with a team of managers.
- Demonstrable experience of successful decision making.
- Experience of cost models and budget tracking.
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing client relationships.
- Experience of delivering operational excellence programs and working through cultural change within large teams.
- Target driven and clear prioritisation ability.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Good report writing and statistical analysis skills.
- Experience of formal presentations, both client and internal.
- Confident and competent decision maker.
- Ability to identify coaching and development requirements.
- Demonstrable capability to formulate strategy internally and externally with clients.
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of multi-site management through site management teams.
- Experience of working within a 3PL environment.
- Project Management and Implementation experience.
- Good level of Warehouse systems knowledge.
- Ability to confidently present to a Senior Executive.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.