Commodity Manager GS Batteries
Commodity Manager GS Batteries
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Commodity Manager working for TVS as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
To provide an industry and intelligent customer-facing Subject Matter Expert (SME) in power packs / Batteries, both Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Military Off the Shelf (MOTS), that is technically compliant with the UK MoD Schedule of Requirement; covering all elements that define an item of supply including Acquisition Safety Management, relevant British Standards, Defence Standards and Product Quality Assurance.
- Act as the subject matter and technical expert for the full range of Battery products within General Supplies (GS), this includes being the intelligent customer to the MoD technical authority (Defence Engineering Support (DES)).
- Review the current MoD batteries requirement and ensure it is to an industry compliant interpretation.
- Work with the DES to improve product identification, specification and though life development, incl identify and implement product innovation where needed to meet the user’s requirement.
- Specify suitable and robust products to meet the customer (MoD) requirement in line with Defence and British Standards.
- Provide SME on product modifications, safety cases and safety issues within both Team Leidos and the MoD.
- Must be able to investigate and understand failure reports of product malfunction and failure; effectively engaging with both the user and industry to resolve and/ or find solutions.
- Put in place sound processes and technical specification to ensure suppliers meet UN certification packaging requirements in accordance with all Dangerous Goods regulations and compliance.
- Maintain product technical data information on TVS’ Msys Product Data Management (PDM) system and MoD Codification Support Information System (CSIS) – where required, to assist in the conduct of NATO codification of new products and update existing records.
- Visit Suppliers, Front Line Commands and attend relevant Industry meetings and exhibitions to maintain and enhance the Batteries product range.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent industry experience in batteries/ power packs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of battery types, manufacture and use.
- Desirable experience and knowledge of batteries used in the airworthy environment.
- Desirable, have or be prepared to under-go Security Clearance to enable work on MoD premises.
- Desirable previous experience of working with the defence industry – not essential.
- Ability to represent TVS with either or both customers and suppliers at a senior SME level.
- Must hold a UK driving license and be prepared to travel anywhere in the UK.
- Computer Literate, experienced in using databases / spreadsheets, presentations and report writing.