TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Clothing Technician working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working within a team to deliver customer requirements of PPE items, including, but not limited to, eyewear, headwear, hearing protection and gloves.
- To ensure all PPE items within your range adhere to the specification and are compliant to the customer’s requirements and any relevant legislation
- Provide customer facing and Industry facing support and guidance with regards to clothing items in your area.
- Ensuring all items within your area are managed through life, maintaining critical path information and including Acquisition Safety Management and Product Quality Control
- Undertake the processing of the technical data relating to the clothing PPE items within your range including patterns, samples, manufacturing, and test reports and product certification
- Maintain technical product details within the in-house database Msys.PDM.
- Ensure the management of your items through the Supply Chain Process & Tender Process
- Assist in managing Research and Development and product trials for Defence Clothing.
- Assist in management of (receipt, storage, retrieval and maintenance) of patterns and samples held within the Pattern Room.
- Visit suppliers and relevant industry meeting and exhibitions to maintain and enhance PPE clothing product knowledge
- Ensure all and any reported defective items within your area are seen through to resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent.
- Previous experience with PPE.
- Highly motivated with high attention to detail.
- Computer literate – experienced in using databases and spreadsheets.
- This role will include UK & overseas travel
- Team Work, fast-paced environment
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
We operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and have dress down and early finish on Friday’s each week.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter, Recruitment Manager on 07764 241 601 or via email at [email protected]
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer