Class 2 Driver
Class 2 Driver
Class 2 HIAB Driver, Class 1 Advantageous
Location: Chorley – travelling the North West
To join our established team of highly qualified HI AB drivers in the delivery to North West locations including remote store locations plant and equipment for Utilities contracts, including equipment for planned works to Sub Stations and treatment works.
Ensuring safe, Effective delivery of challenging and diverse equipment to sites and point of use in what can be time critical, challenging, and dynamic environments.
Utilising Industry leading delivery and lifting equipment following robust safe operating procedures and Industry leading best practice processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivery of plant and equipment to fixed sites on weekly replenishment stock v orders
- Delivery of plant and equipment for planned maintenance work
- Delivery of plant and equipment for emergency outage situations
- Required to cover out of hours rota and weekend rotation shift patterns
- To Display a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to deliver a safe, efficient, and effective delivery
- To identify Risks dynamically and ensure a safe and effective delivery is always completed
- Follow strict safety procedures and robust standard operating processes
- Become an effective, Supportive team member.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Full, UK Driving License
- Current class 2 license and digital Tachograph card
- Competent and understand manual handling operations regulations 1992 SI 2793.
- Possess CSCS or ALLMI approved lorry mounted crane operator training license
- Any associated lifting, Banksman or rigging qualifications a distinct advantage
- Proven experience within utilities or similar industry of conducting deliveries utilizing HI AB or similar equipment
- High degree of experience relating to “heavy” and “difficult” machine and plant movement
- Be able to demonstrate ability to work as part of a team or effectively on own
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.