Category Manager – Line Manager
Category Manager – Line Manager
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
Based at Emersons Green we are now recruiting for a Category Manager working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
To deliver a Cost Base Reduction (CBR) committed to the Authority through the development of a cost-effective, commercially-driven supply base, and meets the requirements for Governance and availability.
- To supervise the team of Category Managers
- Capture and analyse data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
- Based on the data analysis, create and maintain strategy plans, working with all stakeholders to deliver the CBR and availability requirements.
- Capture all documentation developed by Commodity, Category, and Acquisition and Contracts Management, required to support the tendering of the Category requirements.
- Identify and enact Supplier Development opportunities that add value to the Authority, Supplier and Team Leidos Support Chain and which drive out cost.
- Hold specific commodity expertise and manage categories that are key to their strengths.
- Participate in routine cross-functional efforts within CSS.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders for data gathering and analysis to update the Category Strategy
- Develop and prepare commercial product specifications.
- Develop and disseminate document packs that consolidate all the information for a specific category in order that the strategy can be enacted and tendered by Acquisition and Contract Management.
- Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
- Responsible for creating document packs for their Categories in conjunction with all Stakeholders.
- Identify areas in which improvements could drive out cost.
- Implement continual improvement tasks with suppliers to implement best practises, best value and lower costs.
- Tracking and reporting progress against Cost Base Reduction (CBR).
- Identifying suppliers with the best capability to satisfy customer requirements.
- Collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints compared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assuring a disciplined approach for visibility of the right supplier performance metrics to optimise the support chain.
- Identify additional opportunities and actively develop mutually profitable relationships with suppliers
- Participate in every review of the Supplier Scorecards so as to nurture our supplier relationships.
- Support Strategic Supplier negotiations
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in a relevant Purchasing / Supply Chain environment.
- Ideally educated to HND / Degree Level Qualification in relevant subject, MCIPS qualified or working towards, or equivalent qualification.
- Professional and Ethical in Approach.
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Communicator at all Levels across all Media.
- Good Understanding of Supply Chain Management and Procurement, including Best Practise Purchasing and Sourcing Tools and Techniques.
- MS Office.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
We operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and have dress down and early finish on Friday’s each week.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Jake Howard, Internal Recruiter on 07833 138 626
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer