Working in the purchasing team, supporting the delivery of a range of categories to deliver both the contracted pricing strategy and product availability whilst maintaining the required quality. Ensure all day to day purchasing activity is completed in a timely manner in line with business and client expectations.
- Completing analysis to support decision making
- Strategic sourcing of categories leading key stakeholders in the running of tenders
- Identify and mitigate supply and commercial risks throughout the implementation process of strategy and successful tenders
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Negotiate all the key commercial data and supplier agreements relative to a specific project.
- Manage strategic supplier negotiations to eliminate cost.
- Implement Supplier Rebates
- Building and driving relationships with key vendors to improve pricing and quality of services
- Develop special arrangements with vendors to enhance product promotions
- Record Client gainshare and cost reduction using ERP
- Provide category updates to the Client
- Identify and enact supplier development opportunities that add value and aid contract delivery
- Identify additional opportunities and actively develop mutually profitable relationships with suppliers
- Develop strong and effective external client relationships to ensure the needs of the customer are understood and met.
- Contribute to the development of departmental key processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Previous significant experience in a procurement or sourcing environment
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience in project management and/or in managing a large programme of work from sourcing to delivery
- Strategic sourcing – experience in development of category and sourcing strategies across multiple stakeholders
- Able to lead a project team independently as well as work as part of a team
- Evidence of stakeholder management
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise manner up to senior leadership team level
- Professional and Ethical in Approach
- Excellent Communicator at all Levels Across all Media
- Demonstrable Track Record in Managing Direct Relationships with Major Suppliers
- Excellent Grasp of Commercial Purchasing Opportunities and Contract Negotiation and Management Skills. Proven and Experienced Negotiator
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.