Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
- Primarily responsible for gathering business requirements, authoring reports, testing report output and handover to business users.
- In addition, Business Intelligence Analyst will manage the reporting environment to ensure all reports are fully documented
- Business Intelligence Analysts will have the skills and experience to develop analysis and modelling to support operational performance management and information decision making.
- Provide technical assistance in the use of Business Intelligence solutions by translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Design/define the best reporting solution for the business rather than meet an individual users request/requirement
- Identify any existing reports that are suitable for the requirement before developing any new reports
- Provide suitable technical documentation to BI team member to allow them to change the architecture to meet any new business requirements
- Complete unit testing of reports via independent queries or source data validation before handover to business users for UAT
- Build excellent working relationships with departmental teams
- Keep line manager informed of any issues arising out of the requirements gathering, report development or testing phases
- Support and maintain of the Power BI/COGNOS toolset in order for the Business Intelligence team to meet reporting and analysis needs of the business.
- Facilitate the provision of business intelligence to TVS that will assist tactical and strategic decision making, through:
- Integrated data warehousing of corporate data
- Availability of corporate data in corporate reporting tools
- Documentation of data and its meaning
- Provide technical support to the Manager Business Intelligence in the development and delivery of business intelligence solutions and on-going development and maintenance of the data lake.
- Identify ways of improving information delivery, data capture and design and business process through the provision of technical solutions.
- Develop and support the Data lake using Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) methodologies:
- Extract data from outside sources
- Transform the data to fit business needs including verification and cleansing;
- Load into the data lake
- Liaise with key staff in Business Technology regarding the development, execution and maintenance of data lake and technical activities within the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of data lake concepts
- Working knowledge of Power BI, Cognos 11
- Strong foundation in Business Intelligence Tools, Decision Support Systems, OLAP Technology and Multi-dimensional Data
- Prior knowledge of WMS systems would be a benefit
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of dimensional data lake design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, design, development and deployment using SQL 2019
- Knowledge of data integration and data integrity issues and solutions.
- A sound understanding and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 year experience is a similar BI role
- Working knowledge of Power BI, COGNOS 11
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.