Business Improvement Analyst
Business Improvement Analyst
The Business Improvement Analyst will work to improve efficiency of processes for departments and units. This position focuses on the people’s side of adopting changes required to realise efficiencies in the operation work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Auditing existing business processes for accuracy and version control
The Business Improvement Analyst will also work closely with the Business Solutions and Implementation team, as well as the Commercial, Bid and Business Development leads; to lead the solution design for new business opportunities. The Business Improvement Analyst will ensure the defined solution meets the Client’s requirements and is operationally, technically, and commercially viable.
Level of Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to teammates and/or support employees across the wider TVS SCS community
- Identify, plan, and support the implementation key projects to improve quality, reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Document Business Processes where gaps have been identified, oversee and maintain the business process directory
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
- Facilitate meetings and/or workshops, determine audience and tactics appropriate for a particular discussion. Adapt facilitation style in order to engage a variety of group settings.
- Evaluate process improvement information including policy and procedures to identify inefficiencies and coordinate to determine a future state that satisfies the business requirements.
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements
- Assess the cultural landscape and adapt change management strategies, as appropriate
- Elicit Voice of the Customer and translate in to critical to quality requirements with acceptance criteria
- Work closely with the Business Development team to define the detailed requirements from potential clients
- Draft the relevant documentation for capturing, categorising and communicating the requirements
- Engage with business-wide subject matter experts (SMEs) regarding the Client’s requirements to develop the most viable solution
- Conduct gap analyses on the current state and future state solutions. To define and liaise with the Data Analysis team to ensure the requested Client data is collated, analysed and modelled as applicable – with validation and sign off of the outputs across the relevant SMEs
- Work closely with the Commercial points of contact for the submissions to ensure the contract and costings reflect the final solution
- Lead the internal sign off for the solution design output which is to then be submitted and/or presented to the Client
- Support the Bid Manager with drafting solution design material for submission
- Draft internal solution design briefing summaries for communicating to the wider business
- Work collaboratively with the Business Solutions and Implementation team on Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives for the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience in either a supply chain or logistics
- Experience with change management and facilitation.
- Experience with business process improvement, such as Lean.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written ability to explain scenarios in a way that is easily understood by users of all levels
- Good experience of working in projects and working with Project Managers
- Works well in a team environment, shares good practice & initiatives that will add value to the wider team
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues across the wider TVS team
- Ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines and commitments in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to instil external/Internal customer confidence in change process through your professionalism and attention to detail
- Confident in taking ownership and providing oversight to the entire process from Problem/Opportunity through to design and implementation
- Well-organised with attention to detail
- Adept at quickly and easily establishing a rapport and building relationships with others.
- You pay attention to the wider context and bigger picture to inform your decisions.
- Ability to make decisions, monitor project progress, recommend alternative approaches and identifying & resolving conflict.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Visio or Draw.io proficiency as a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to travel
- Ability to understand and interpret different perspectives
- Degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Desirable – Experience in the following disciplines:
- Business Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Business Transformation
- Project management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Bids and Tenders
- Coaching and development
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.