Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Identify, develop and win new business opportunities within the Retail and Ecommerce return sectors, support and develop the service proposition and develop services that align with our core competencies and capabilities, delivering a New Business pipeline and growth for the business. Opportunities normally in the range of £1.5m to £10m sales, £150k to £1m EBITDA.
- Engagement plan: Create and maintain a network of prospects and contacts to enhance awareness and reputation of TVS and influence future opportunities.
- Marketing platform management
- Engagement planning
- Strategic development and Cold calling
- Identify opportunities, either through advertised Tender process or through the relationship management above to create a healthy New Business pipeline.
- Lead and manage the bid qualification and submission process, utilising support from within the functional business teams, to deliver successful win conversion rates. Ensure TVS profit and cash expectations are achievable and follow the processes.
- Remain abreast of industry developments and market trends within the desired sectors and proactively communicate with the TVS organisation.
- Maintain the TVS’ CRM system in a timely basis to reflect all networking, prospect and bid opportunities.
- Launch the project within TVS through our Business Winning process and work in liaison with the appointed Project Manager to bring the opportunity to a successful conclusion.
Qualifications and Skills
- Determined, empathetic and persuasive person with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High degree of commercial and analytical acumen
- Goal driven and focused
- Project management, negotiation and presentation skills to senior level essential
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and the ability to organise to achieve results, quickly absorbing an interpreting new/complex information
- An in-depth knowledge of the market and supply chain requirements
- Continuous improvement ethos
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
- Holiday buy back scheme (5 days)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.