Business Data Analyst
Business Data Analyst
This position predominantly focussed on 2 key area:
1) We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
2) Proactively identify business improvement opportunities through robust data analysis. The Business Data Analyst will support the analysis, auditing, rationalisation and streamlining of existing processes, identifying areas for value generation.
Level of Scope:
- Fully competent and productive professional who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to drive significant change/growth in the business.
- Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to teammates and/or support employees across the wider TVS SCS community.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports, and performance indicators to locate opportunities and/or correct problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Conduct analysis on customer insight/feedback survey’s, identifying key areas of focus.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience in either a supply chain or logistic
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience with business process improvement, such as Lean, were cost benefits analysis will be key.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written ability to explain the output of the data analysis in a way that is easily understood by users of all levels.
- Works well in a team environment, shares good practice & initiatives that will add value to the wider team.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues across the wider TVS team.
- Ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines and commitments in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to instil external/Internal customer confidence in change process through your professionalism and attention to detail.
- Well-organised with attention to detail
- Adept at quickly and easily establishing a rapport and building relationships with others.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, BDA (Business Data Analytics))
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to understand and interpret different perspectives.
- Degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Desirable – Experience in the following disciplines:
- Business Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Business Transformation
- Lean Six Sigma
- Bids and Tenders
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.