This role will operate at an operational and strategic level, playing an important part in driving the growth of the TVS business.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the bid management activity through a ‘hands-on’ approach which will include bid writing. The business typically pursues opportunities in the range of £1m to £100m covering data management, inventory management, procurement, and end to end supply chain management across various sectors including Automotive, Beverage, Defence, Health, Rail and Utilities.
The role will ensure the production of high quality, winning and profitable bid proposals that are aligned to the strategic direction of the company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, and experienced Bid Manager/Writer to join our business winning team. You will need to be comfortable delivering every aspect of the end-to-end bid process.
The bids you will be driving forward cover end to end supply chain solutions; ideally, we are looking for someone from a similar background.
- Identify and communicate opportunities that emerge from various sources including but not limited to Govt portals, OJEU and Tenders Electronic Daily
- Work with Business Development team to ensure proposals are aligned with the win strategy for the opportunity
- Manage all stages of the bidding process, specifically responding to Request for Information (RFI), Expression of Interest (EOI), Pre- Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), and Invitation to Tenders (ITT)
- Work with the TVS bid management process and associated tools
- Develop relationships with subject matter experts to ensure resources and information to support RFI, EOI, PQQ and ITT are provided in a timely and appropriate manner. Write responses using the information they provide
- Manage the bid team, providing structure and order to the bid so that deliverables produced are of the highest possible quality, working independently with limited supervision
- Maintain and develop a library of strong template responses, clearly articulating TVS capability
- Ensure proposals are approved by the business and submitted in a timely manner
- Deliver high quality, compelling proposals, completed to the agreed budget.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have previous experience of successfully managing the bid process and delivering om large scale, multi-million pound bids and tenders
- Excellent writing skills to convert SME input to a clear, compelling proposition
- Project Management skills: resource management, governance; APM or APMP accreditation or appropriate experience
- Strong relationship and influencing skills, delivery focus and gravitas to motivate teams is essential
- Must be a strong communicator, influence, innovator and disciplined with the ability to liaise at all levels and secure the confidence of divisions and group during the approval cycle.
- Strong writing, IT and analytical skills important
- Attention to detail
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry would be beneficial
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.