Working alongside the Buyer and the Purchasing Team Leader, supporting the management of a specific group of suppliers & commodities consistent with the expectations and objectives (Quality, Service, Cost) of TVS.
- Identify and implement cost savings projects that contribute to the overall achievement of the departmental objectives
- Supplier relationships management
- Maintain the Indirect Contracts Log
- Prepare tender documents for Indirect spend categories
- Process Purchase Order Requests for Indirect Spend
- Manage RFQ’s and other requests from clients
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution
- Resolve invoice queries in line with business needs
- Develop value adding relationships with cross functional departments and suppliers
- Maintain the day to day running of the purchasing process ensuring compliance across the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of working on commodity sourcing strategies- driving cost reduction.
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate level in Excel
- Strong administration skills
- Commercial analysis
- Professional and ethical in approach
- Commercial awareness
- Continuous improvement
- Team player
- Results driven
- Computer literate, experience of ERP an advantage
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.