Acquisition Safety and Quality Support
Acquisition Safety and Quality Support
Do you have an A-level or degree in Chemistry or a similar field and are interested in a role involving quality, health and safety? Do you have knowledge of chemicals or environmental health and safety?
Do you want to contribute to ensuring items for the UK Ministry of Defence meet environmental safety requirements and legislations?
The role of the Acquisition Safety and Quality Support is to provide support to project teams within a procurement organisation that is purchasing general commoditised items for the UK Ministry of Defence including:
- Military Clothing
- Medical Equipment
- Medical consumables and pharmaceuticals
- Oils, Lubricants and Gases
- Firefighting Equipment
- Timber, metals and polymers
- Adhesives Tapes and Sealants
- Fasteners, ropes and electrical items
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the ASET, Product and Airworthiness Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that acquisition safety and environmental risks are identified, assessed and managed through life to disposal. The successful candidate will also be responsible for reviewing Safety and Environmental Cases and participating in Safety & Environmental Panels. The role provides secretarial support to the project Safety & Environmental Committee and Working Groups.
Work within a team collaborating with project staff and other specialist stakeholders, demonstrating good communication skills.
Provide technical advice on safety and environmental legislation/MOD policy.
Prioritise and recognise critical versus noncritical tasks. Makes effective use of time and resources.
Review accidents and equipment failure reports from multiple sources to determine trends and provide advice to project teams and customers on remedial action.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
(If you do not have the below experience, you will be taught)
- Experience of the MOD Air regulatory environmental or working in an MOD Air Commodities Team would be desirable.
- Highly developed communication skills and able to deliver coherent and persuasive written and verbal briefs.
- Knowledge of, or ability to apply the principles of Defence Standard 00¬-056 and the MOD Acquisition Safety & Environmental Management System (ASEMS).
- Ability to identify and analyse risk and determine strategies to reduce to As Low as Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) or Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO).
- Ideally have experience in producing or managing safety risk/hazard logs or register.
- Ideally have experience in developing, revising and implementing Safety and Environmental Management and Product Quality standards and policies.
- High degree of experience in Microsoft Office suite of programmes i.e. formatting of Word and Excel documents.
- Preferably educated to A-level or Degree Level in Chemistry or similar in a safety or technical discipline.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.