The Account Manager is the principal manager of the relationship with Defence Clients, ensuring effective TVS interfaces are developed and utilised at appropriate levels across all functions. Based at our head office in Chorley the role has multiple interfaces with internal stakeholders in Chorley and regular travel, including some overnight stays, to client sites in Telford and Bristol.
- Contribute to the formulation and delivery of the Strategic Plan for the Defence Sector
- Be commercially accountable for contract performance to bid expectation, managing profit contribution, risks and all related commercial activities including commercialising out of scope activities.
- Be accountable for Client encirclement activities – produce joint key account plans, risk registers and use other account management techniques to identify and facilitate strategic development and profitable growth of the account adding value to both parties.
- Lead commercial activities in Client extension or retender process, balancing account retention and profit maximisation with an eye on future business wins for TVS.
- Support Defence bids by leading commercial workstream activities, working with the wider TVS business winning team to create value propositions that win and deliver profitable, sustainable business growth.
- Be the voice of the customer internally within TVS ensuring that contract service obligations and value creation to the Client are met and champion continuous improvement activities to improve service and deliver financial benefit to both the Client and TVS.
- Provide senior management representation and positive contribution in respect of ideas and insight, building and maintaining effective relationships and communication with all key internal stakeholders within TVS
- Identify opportunities, either through relationship management above or advertised Tender process to create a healthy New Business pipeline.
- Engagement plan: Create and maintain a network of prospects and contacts to enhance awareness and reputation of TVS capabilities and influence future opportunities.
- Marketing platform management
- Engagement planning
- Strategic development and Cold calling
Qualifications and Skills
- Educate to Degree standard or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- High degree of commercial and financial acumen
- Determined, empathetic and persuasive person
- Strong leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and the ability to organise to achieve results quickly and effectively – goal driven and focussed
- Strong management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Previous commercial account management, problem solving and business development experience within a defence Supply Chain environment
- Negotiating commercially and contractually complex contracts for mutual benefit
- Proven delivery of demanding performance and financial targets
- Proven track record of creating value added proposals for clients
- An in depth knowledge of the Defence supply chain industry
- Ability to work effectively in a pressurised work environment
- Goal driven and focused
- Continuous improvement ethos
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight as required