To be the principal manager of the relationship with the client. To understand the Clients business and identify new opportunities to benefit both parties. To ensure TVS delivers service excellence, innovation and cost-down opportunities to the client, and maximise revenue and profit for TVS SCS. To challenge the effectiveness of business processes which underpin performance on the contract and take the lead internally to drive the continuous improvement of processes across all business functions.
- Broaden and deepen the commercial and account relationship with the client
- Identify and deliver growth opportunities and solutions for both the Client and TVS SCS
- Keep abreast of the client’s issues, their industry issues and all related legislative matters
- Produce joint key account plans with the client to facilitate strategic development and growth of the account adding value to both parties
- Deliver flexible & innovative solutions to the client’s operational issues
- Represent TVS SCS in all interfaces with the client, at all levels
- Ensure contract performance KPI’s and inspirational service is delivered
- Ensure contracted profit and revenue targets are achieved
- Deliver continuous improvement and cost-down opportunities to the client whilst maximising profit contribution to TVS SCS
- To continually review effectiveness of KPI’s and performance measurement of the contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with all key internal stakeholders within TVS SCS
- Maintain reports in the form of project pipelines, management reports and operational review minutes
- Liaison with client accounting team to ensure input to the planning and forecasting process, and ensure accurate and on-time invoicing in line with contracted terms
Qualifications and Skills
- Determined, empathetic and persuasive person
- Pragmatic and quick to respond to challenges
- Enthusiastic to create change
- Able to provide innovative and well thought out solutions
- Goal driven and focused
- High degree of commercial and financial acumen
- People & relationship management
- Analytical and numerate
- Strong influencing and questioning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Direct first-hand experience of dealing with clients at all levels
- Delivery of demanding performance and financial targets, including budgetary cost control
- Commercial , supply chain and operational background
- Creating value added proposals for clients
- Negotiating commercially and contractually complex contracts
- This position would be based at Chorley however applicants must be willing to travel and at times work from other locations
- Applicants must have a valid driving license
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.