To be the principal manager of the relationship with the client. To understand the Clients business and identify new opportunities to benefit both parties. To ensure TVS delivers service excellence, innovation and cost-down opportunities to the client, and maximise revenue and profit for TVS SCS. To challenge the effectiveness of business processes which underpin performance on the contract and take the lead internally to drive the continuous improvement of processes across all business functions. To manage and mitigate commercial risks through the understanding and negotiation of contract clauses / obligations and leading engagement with internal and external stakeholders. To lead on contract growth opportunities from a commercial perspective, including support to wider business development activities, including contract obligations and pricing considerations
- Responsible commercially for the account; delivering value for the Client and ensuring contract profit, revenue and cashflow for TVS are maximised
- Responsible for building strong and deep relationship with the client, ensuring TVS is represented in all interfaces with the client, at all levels
- Responsible for understanding contract obligations and commercial risks to ensure compliance whilst identifying and mitigating risks through liaison and negotiation with both Internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring Service obligations are achieved, working across internal and external stakeholders to ensure KPI’s are delivered and maintain their relevance.
- To lead growth and development activities from a commercial perspective, including understanding evaluation criteria / value creation and determining price to win strategy.
- To keep abreast of the client’s issues, their industry issues and all related legislative matters and identify and deliver growth opportunities and solutions for both the Client and TVS.
- To deliver continuous improvement and cost-down opportunities to the client whilst maximising profit contribution to TVS SCS
- To produce joint key account plans with the client to facilitate strategic development and growth of the account adding value to both parties
- To deliver flexible & innovative solutions to the client’s operational issues
- To continually review effectiveness of KPI’s and internal performance measurement of the contracts
- To maintain reports in the form of project pipelines, management reports and meeting minutes
- To build and maintain relationships with all key internal stakeholders within TVS SCS
Qualifications and Skills
- Determined, empathetic and persuasive person
- Pragmatic and quick to respond to challenges
- Enthusiastic to create change, strong questioning skills
- Strong influencing and People & relationship management skills
- High degree of commercial and financial acumen
- Analytical and numerate
- Able to provide innovative and well thought out solutions
- Goal driven and focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Building strong relationships with clients at all levels
- Management and negotiation of commercial and contractual risks
- Contract terms and conditions, including assessment of commercial risks and negotiation
- Working across functions, influencing to ensure delivery of Client requirements
- Creating value added proposals for clients
- Commercial, supply chain and operational background
- Preferably experience of Defence and / or public sector contracts
- Applicants must have a valid driving license
- This position would be based at Chorley however applicants must be willing to travel and at times work from other locations
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsided Canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.