As a Business Analyst you are the vital link between our software development capacity and our business objectives. You will be responsible for the analysis, specification and implementation of computer based applications deployed within the various TVS business units.
TVS have a growing international client list and are of a size that allows Business Analyst the opportunity to build upon their experience, learn about our bespoke in-house designed software and become a subject matter expert.
- Develop detailed project plans and maintain plan through the life of the project
- Business process analysis culminating in User agreed business requirements definition for systems development
- Translation of business requirements definition into detailed system functional specification gaining sign-off from business owners
- Liaise with Software Developers during technical design development
- Support Software QA team in the development of System Test Specifications and co-ordination of user test activity based on the functional specifications and business scenarios.
- Where necessary will perform and support others in performing software testing.
- Provide process and operational support documentation
- Deliver project activities in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader and Business Owners.
- Communicate software development to Business colleagues
- Provide assistance to the support team in fault finding and problem resolution with existing IT Systems.
- Contribute to IT projects as part of a team or as a team leader.
- Provide advice and guidance to users to exploit current systems capability
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of System development methodology.
- Understanding of supply chain application systems and business processes
- Problem solving and analysis
- Creativity and innovation
- Experience of working on IT related projects
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.