We are currently seeking to recruit a warehouse Operations Manager for our Warehouse in Banbury.
About the role:
To lead and develop the DC supervisory management team, team leaders and DC direct employees
To strive towards Best In Class operational service to identify failure trends and identify and lead root cause corrective action throughout the operation through continuous improvement activity
To engage and develop relationships with internal managers and external stakeholders in order service, quality and health and safety standards are maintained and enhanced throughout the operation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead and manage the DC operational process and functions ensuring all customer expectations are met, enhanced and exceeded.
- To Display a ‘can do’ attitude and the leadership and motivation to ensure the teams embrace and thrive on Change Management and Continuous Improvement.
- To identify failure trends and identify and lead root cause corrective action teams across the business unit and to actively participate in established service improvement projects
- To manage the achievement of agreed targets within the teams and introduce new internal targets and goals where necessary that continues to improve the operational function and service delivery.
- To support the department/company in key client and customer facing meetings.
- To ensure the operational teams meet the needs of the business in terms of work pattern and coverage managing holidays absence and capacity in line with capacity plan
- To fully capture and report accurately the operational performance, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly reporting is completed on time in full.
- To ensure development of the direct team is maintained through multi skill training and clear communications and employee involvement meetings
- To ensure continued development of the DC supervisory management team and progression plan is maintained.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven Experience
- Determination and ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills coupled with a can do attitude that embraces change.
- Ability to manage departmental workload dynamically to achieve key tasks as expressed within client contractual service level agreements
- Judgement and decision making. Ability to work under pressure, be creative in approach and solve problems with speed, whilst working within policy guidelines
- Achievement drive. Energy, drive and motivation are essential ingredients for this role.
- Leadership. Strong people management / leadership skills are required in this role, specifically in the areas of providing direction and performance coaching.
- Full, UK Driving License…May need to visit other UK sites
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter, recruitment Manager on 01257 225 383
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer