About the role:
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
The Supply Chain Coordinator will be working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Coordinator will be working on the inventory management of a range of medical & general supplies products in support of the Armed Forces, with duties including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the achievement of agreed performance levels for availability
- Stock to issue ratio targets
- Data cleansing activities
- Raising buys as appropriate to maintain optimum stock levels while hastening suppliers where necessary.
- Dealing with customer queries as they arise with a calm polite manner to achieve a positive response.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and experience of working in a Supply Chain environment.
- It is essential to have good communication skills and to be proficient in data manipulation and analysis with a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- The ability to negotiate with the supplier to agree delivery to meet customer requirements is also a pre-requisite.
You will need to be proactive and be able to deliver at pace to ensure urgent priority requirements are met within 24 hours, and performance targets are met.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 07764 241 601 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer