About the role:
This Supply Chain Coordinator role is a 3 month fixed term contract working as part of a collaborative and motivated supply chain team at our head office on Buckshaw Village in Chorley
Typical duties of a Supply Chain Coordinator consist of:
- Ensuring purchase orders are placed on suppliers in a timely manner
- Resolving enquiries in relation to the supply of products
- Liaising with warehouse employees and third party transport providers, ensuring any identified issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Expedite/De-expedite products from suppliers.
- Ensure responses are accurately loaded to internal ERP, inventory and demand planning software and ensure the appropriate stock levels and back order fulfilment
- Work collaboratively with internal departments such as the reporting, planning, purchasing and technical teams
- Lead or participate in supplier meetings to drive improvements in performance
- Compilation of ad hoc reports/ad hoc data input
- Make recommendations for process improvements based on knowledge/experience
Client Specific Tasks which may include
- Customer delivery, returns and warranty management
- Repairable management
- Loading system data
- Plant equipment stock management
- Depot resupply orders
- Keying customer demands providing acknowledgement and highlighting discrepancies
- Periodic stock takes
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent, you will also be an effective communicator at all levels who is resilient and able to think clearly and react appropriately when under pressure.
You will have the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate internally within TVS and externally with suppliers. You will be literate and numerate with a good attention to detail.
It is an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of ERP and are a competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous industry sector background is desirable but not essential with experience of international trade being advantageous.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities, for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot, and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257 225 383 or via email at email@example.com
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer