The Strategic Account Executive position is responsible for aligning, maintaining and developing an enterprise wide customer base through sales activity. This position will utilize reporting tools to update progress and activities, analyze trends and accurately forecast pipeline revenue. The successful Strategic Account Executive will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to uncover specific needs and behaviors of new and existing accounts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a market plan and sales pipeline for new business opportunities.
- Create and manage account strategies and territory planning to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets and goals.
- Maintain partnership with customers as a resource in contract opportunities and proposals.
- Manage contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Develop strategies to evaluate customers’ needs to increase overall sales.
- Coordinate and assist in sales meetings to include current and upcoming industry trends.
- Stay updated on new services that are “value added” and other general information of interest to customers.
- Prepare and implement strategic account plans within assigned territories, industry verticals and key customer targets.
- Check on competitive activity and develop methods of obtaining new customers while assisting and maintaining current customers.
- Develop business plans, project plans and implementation budgets for new business opportunities.
- Formulate partnerships across several functions to deliver value-added service to customers and management that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Participation in trade, contract logistics and transportation associations to support TVS brand recognition and awareness.
- Sales and collaboration skills
- Customer / client focus
- Communication proficiency
- Results driven
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving / analysis
- Personal effectiveness / credibility
- Thoroughness / detail orientation
- Interpersonal skills
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The employee is exposed to high forklift traffic. The employee is required to be PPE dressed (steel –toed shoes, safety glasses and vest) when on warehouse floor.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Exempt, Full Time.
Travel between locations and for business opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skills and / or work experience
- Minimum 8+ years of strategic and consultative selling experience with senior-level executives at large multi-national companies
- Proven record of increasing sales opportunities and successful account management skills with a long term, 12 to 18 months, sales cycle process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access)
- Documented history of success
- Automotive or aerospace experience required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.