TVS are a world leading supply chain services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance - with our help they achieve their business goals.
About the role:
The SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring extensive technical experience and knowledge, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills, will be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of data within a SQL database.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server estate, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple applications and environments.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance for reliability and resilience of the SQL estate
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability and security, including authentication, authorization and auditing in the SQL environments
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure existing and new implementations support performance expectations
- Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Responsible for the development, implementation and periodic testing of the SQL backup and recovery plan
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document all changes
- Provide operational and technical support documentation as appropriate
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level or equivalent and possess expert knowledge in the following areas:-
- SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016 - DTS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL
- Planning and development of any databases
- Performance, Integrity and Security of the environment
- Troubleshooting and managing data inconsistences
- Good working knowledge and of Server Operating systems such as Microsoft Server 2008, 2012R2
- Proficient in SQL replication especially with regard to scalability concerns, backup/recovery, disaster recovery and planning.
- Hands on experience in high availability and redundancy options, database mirroring and availability groups
- Audit/approve developers’ change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries.
- Good working knowledge and Use of Virtualisation platforms such as VMware
This role calls for a degree of flexibility as responsibilities will require evening and weekend work on an adhoc basis.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257 225 383 or via email at email@example.com
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer