About the role:
The SQA Engineers are responsible for the Quality Assurance of purchased parts, from development and validation, throughout the complete product life cycle. Parts may be of the suppliers’ existing stock, required to be produced to a customer’s specific requirements or reverse engineered, where new parts, drawings and specifications are no longer available. Our business is quite diverse covering automotive, rail, defence, beverage and utility sectors.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Approve Vendors – Process Vendor Add Forms, review supporting documentation, QMS certs and approve and assign supplier ratings.
- Maintain the Supplier Log/spread sheet, NDAs, SA’s, Matching Quality Certs , Cyber-X Assessments and ensure QMS certs are up to date.
- Deliver a programme of supplier visits and on site audits to identify risk, based on AITF 16949 or similar industry QMS specification best practices.
- Track and close out corrective actions with the supplier or mitigating actions at TVS to reduce the risk
- Review and manage supplier scorecards based on delivery and quality performance
- Monitor and report monthly quality statistics including warranty claims, product failure rates and identify cost of non-quality.
- Analyse and investigate customer complaints through formal NC process
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers (Implementation of corrective actions and validation of effectiveness) to improve quality and reduce cost
- Proactive and reactive supplier development activities to ensure supplier standards are driven forward and risks reduced
- SQA contribution to identify customer specific, part requirements and potential risks during RFQ
- Assist purchasing with the selection of appropriate suppliers through alignment of product categories to most suitable suppliers.
- Support the part approval process and ensure all customer requirements are met through validation activities (Initial Sample Inspection Reports etc)
- Perform internal product audits to ensure consistency
- Ensure the Purchasing Department has robust procedures and Work Instructions to support the QMS requirements particularly relating to Supplier & Product Quality.
- Review of internal processes, to identify process improvements and drive implementation
- Identify and mitigate the quality risks of re-sourcing, part changes and resolve warranty implications of NPI and stock run-out
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance with experience of inspection and assessment within the automotive or other strongly technical manufacturing or engineering environment
- Operational experience of Quality systems, quality tools and techniques – ideally AITF 16949 or similar industry QMS specification
- Experience of the application of quality assurance systems and approval systems in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a wide range of product sectors and legislation.
- Previous experience working with automotive and/or rail parts would be advantageous
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Tenacity, resilience and focus
Due to the nature of the role the holder will be expected to travel regularly to suppliers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257 225 383 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer