Job Ref No BH47
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 4 March 2020
- The Software tester primary role is to ensure our software operates as intended.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overall quality assurance for software services and products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
With support and training from Testing Manager:
- Design and prepare test scenarios and plans to effectively and efficiently test the software change.
- Conduct software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose.
- Ensure errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release.
- Uses agreed department tools to record activities.
- Communicates activities via test manager using agreed status recording procedures.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of clear and accurate documentation of software tests.
- Demonstrates an interest in software development and the importance of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of security by design and how to test for software errors.
- Logical and creative thinker.
- Ability to work independently and take some responsibility using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of styles and situations.
- Studied in IT related subject post-secondary education or comparable on-the-job experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Analyst.
- Good working knowledge of ERP
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Building relationships within the team around the business