We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
We are currently recruiting for an integrated Logistics Service Delivery Manager to be deployed onto site at Abbey Wood.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to a Project Manager or Senior Service Delivery Manager the role of the integrated Logistics Service Delivery Manager is to deliver an In Service Support or Logistics Execution activity for specific projects within one of the Land, Sea and Air functions of the military.
Typical duties will include:
- Monitoring, forecasting and reporting the costs of service delivery to the end user
- Maintaining service levels according to policy
- Preparation and maintenance of the Service Delivery Plan
- Understanding of all aspects of demand and supply management within the support chain, and ability to consider how to maximise availability whilst minimising cost and inventory
- Negotiating contracts and managing suppliers to deliver OTIF
- Continuous Improvement of the service delivered with an eye for cost savings and process improvement
- Integrate with other functions in DE&S such as Commercial, Finance, Engineering etc.
- Working within governance arrangements for the delivery of the service, aligned with iLog best practice in F&RP, Planning reviews and KPIs.
- Management of budgets with Finance staff, including managing the approval process, monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly
- Identifying risks that impact the security of supply and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be education to degree level, or equivalent with demonstrable experience of being delivery focussed, such as meeting agreed service levels for demands, with a broad understanding of the Defence Support Environment.
- A detailed understanding of the integrated relationship between Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Through Life Support Management (TLSM) is essential.
- Previous experience directly within the MOD from an iLog perspective or with companies that have provided direct supply chain support to the MOD would be beneficial.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257 225 383 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer