TVS are a leading, global supply chain services provider implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. We are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of organisations within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe and the rest of the world as part of the $6bn TVS Group we are determined to be different; our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider.
We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
We are currently recruiting for a Scheduler to be deployed onto site at Abbey Wood.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
You will support the Navy Command in the following:
- Provide a high level plan for MROSS pre-concept to the end of March 20 for agreement with NCHQ.
- Project and requirements support to initiate and co-ordinate the CONOPS, CONEMP and KURS by end of March 20.
- Producing a costed plan against Key Milestones to SOC by February 20 to inform a future FCR.
- Develop and maintain key management artefacts (PMP, Risk Register, Cost and Schedule) to underpin Key Milestones to SOC.
- Produce a VROM overall project Cost and Schedule estimates.
- Support the development and maintenance of a programme MDAL, Risk and Schedule within NCHQ.
- To support the undertaking of a preliminary option studies into the sensors system and hosting options.
- Continue minimal support on LSS to understand the evolving FCF LS work and provide informed judgement.
You will also:
Help scope and create suitable project plans of the key activities and deliverables necessary to complete the project. You will facilitate and maintain the ongoing management of the project plan, monitoring actual progress against the Performance Measurement Baseline, ensuring any movement to this is subject to formal change control and updating the plan accordingly.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in this role or similar
- Experience working in the defence sector
- Knowledge of MOD or defence systems is beneficial