TVS are a leading, global supply chain services provider implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. We are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of organisations within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe and the rest of the world as part of the $6bn TVS Group we are determined to be different; our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider.
We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
Specific knowledge acquired by obtaining a technical/professional qualification and/or post graduate qualification, as well as in depth relevant work experience that might be gained from up to 5 years post qualification experience in one or more roles. This would typically be the minimum level of knowledge required to be regarded as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Function Specific content:
A Project Manager at this level is likely to have a COMPETENT working KNOWLEDGE of the following:
- Promoting the public wider good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with stakeholders and members of project teams and organisation
- Developing and managing teams
- Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
- Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects
- Securing the provision of resources needed for projects from internal and/or external providers
- Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activities and events of projects and/or programmes in portfolios, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans (other than finance) needed for projects, taking account of availabilities and scheduling
- Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
- Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Planning and controlling finances of programmes and or portfolios as a means of driving performance and
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points during and after projects, which will inform governance of projects by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance.
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required