About the role:
The Parts Engineers are responsible for the Quality Assurance of purchased parts, through validation activities to the customers’ specification, product investigation & improvement activities throughout the complete life cycle. Parts may be of the suppliers’ existing stock, required to be produced to a customer’s specific requirements or reverse engineered, where new parts, drawings and specifications may no longer be available. Our business is quite diverse covering automotive, rail, defence, beverage and the utility sectors
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete Part Validation and Approval Forms to verify required specifications, review supporting documentation, mill certs etc and highlight any deviations.
- Internally approve or seek client approval for products as appropriate.
- Maintain the Part Validation and Approval Log and liaise with suppliers on ISIR documentation to ensure approval before delivery and that subsequent client due dates are met.
- Perform initial delivery inspections
- Analyse and investigate part complaints through formal NC process
- Track and close out corrective actions with the supplier or mitigating actions at TVS to reduce risk
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers (Implementation of corrective actions and validation of effectiveness) to improve quality and reduce cost
- Proactive and reactive development activities to ensure product standards are driven forward
- Monitor and report monthly quality statistics including warranty claims, product failure rates.
- Contribution to identify customer requirements and potential risks during RFQ
- Perform regular internal product audits to ensure consistency
- Identify and mitigate the quality risks of re-sourcing, part changes and resolve warranty implications of NPI and stock run-out
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of inspection and assessment within the automotive or other strongly technical manufacturing or engineering environment
- Operational experience of Quality systems and techniques – ideally AITF 16949 or similar industry QMS specification.
- Experience of approval systems in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a wide range of products sectors and legislation.
- Previous experience working with automotive and/or rail parts would be advantageous
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Tenacity, resilience and focus
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257 225 383 or via email at email@example.com
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer