Job Ref No BH164
Contract Type Temporary
Closing Date 1 December 2020
Modelling & Analysis
- Responsibility for carrying out logistics modelling and data analysis, including inventory and supply chain, to support DE&S and the Front Line Commands in accordance with agreed business processes and the standards laid down in the Support Chain Analysis management plan;
- Supporting and advising the Operating Centre on the development and implementation of a pan Defence analysis and modelling including simulation policy;
- Supporting modelling and simulation for inventory planning activities;
- Providing support to Project Teams and Front Line Commands for all analysis and modelling activities including inventory and supply chain; and
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining an analysis/modelling capability to meet the needs of Project Teams pan-defence.
Knowledge and Experience
- Project management experience in Modelling and Analysis and other areas of Logistics including Supply and Support Chain
- Knowledge of core Modelling and Analysis techniques and software (including Opus 10, Simlox, Catloc, Access, Excel and SQL)
- Knowledge and ability to engage as an SME with multiple stakeholders across the business and relevant third parties, to support the delivery of the Modelling and Analysis strategy, policies and processes
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in an engineering or logistics subject, or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management competences.
- Ability to interpret management information to support the delivery of Modelling and Analysis strategy and policy
- Ability to maintain an understanding of the latest software and methodologies for modelling and analysis
- Ability to scope, plan and deliver projects to an agreed set of business requirements, cost, timescale and quality parameters
- Ability to work alongside colleagues in the wider Integrated Logistics function and relevant OCs to ensure their activities align and implement relevant risk mitigation strategies
- Knowledge and experience of operation and support of military equipment
- Ability to identify, query, extract and manipulate data for analysis using appropriate tools and techniques.
Not all experience is essential, if you feel you would be a good match for this role please get in touch.