This position is responsible for the design and implementation of new systems or processes to increase operation efficiency and support plant leadership with operations planning activities and problem resolution.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage projects tasks and coordinate with key project stakeholders.
- Analyze operational data, layout, material and work force utilization.
- Review/define process/system requirements.
- Lead implementation activities for new or changing processes and systems.
- Provide training, resources and documentation.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize service reliability, and minimize cost.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, service capabilities, and project status.
- Travel to customer or vendor sites for presentations, meetings, etc. to pursue new business opportunities and strategic partners.
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Decision making
- Results driven
- Collaboration skills
- Teamwork orientation
This job is performed in a busy warehouse environment with high forklift traffic. Warehouses are subject to seasonal temperatures. 80% office environment and 20% warehouse environment.
While working in the warehouse steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and vests are required personal protective equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift 51 pounds, anything over this, an employee needs to request assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience in Industrial Engineering and Supply Chain Operations
- Strong computer skills; MS Office, Outlook, CAD, Visio
- Knowledge of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) or equivalent inventory software is a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time, Exempt position. Typically Monday – Friday. Schedule flexibility to work during all hours of Operation and for extended or unplanned work hours is required, including weekends.
Travel between locations may be required.
Candidates meeting the basics of the selection criteria may apply at TVSjobs.com