About the role:
The Head of UK Operations role will contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the business strategy In order that efficiency, quality and health and safety are continually improved and cost control is maximised across the operation. The role is to build motivated and high performing teams through effective leadership and line management across all operational sites.
Typical duties will include:
- Communicate clearly the objectives of the business so that the operational teams are aware and can support in the delivery of these goals.
- Translates the strategic goals into the operational plans to achieve the required targeted Improvements and optimises opportunities within the operational sites
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day operational functionality including the strategic planning and management of resources
- Improves the day to day operational performance through Lean ethos, activity and projects in order non value added activity is Removed driving efficiency , quality and operational performance
- Drives team Ethos through the operating centres through coaching and training of site managers and supervisory management teams down to direct employee
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Direct reports, sets objectives and targets
- Is responsible for the adherence to Health and safety and Security policies and procedure across the operational sites
- Generates timely weekly and monthly operational reports by site that can be used for review of performance and KPI monitoring
Qualifications, skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with exceptional verbal, written, problem solving and analytical skills.
Strong leadership skills, experience working in a unionized environment, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change.
Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment.
Proven experience of delivering positive change and operational improvements in fast paced environments such as FMCG, manufacturing or supply chain.
Training in Lean manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation
Previous exposure to warehousing and logistics environment
Flexible working hours to meet shift patterns
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and ERP applications
Warehouse operational experience, order management from start to end process knowledge
Advanced systems experience, WMS, ERP, MRP and BIR
Where we are and how to apply:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on-site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with me on 01257 225 383 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer