About the role:
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence. We are recruiting for a Senior Technician for the general supplies division of the commodity management team.
The General Supplies Senior Technician will be working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary role of the technical team is to assist in the specification development, in-service technical management, rationalisation and commercialisation of a range of products required to maintain and support a vast range of military platforms operating in the Land, Air and Maritime environments.
Reporting to the General Supplies (GS) Commodity manager, you will:
- Act as the senior technical expert for the range of GS products, including providing day-to-day technical product support to Team Leidos and the customer.
- Advise on product modifications, safety cases and safety issues within Team Leidos.
- Help to build relationships with customers (senior military and MOD Civil Servants) and suppliers to agree product requirements and specifications.
- Work with the 3 Services and industry experts to seek out potential for improvements to and rationalisation of product ranges, by attending contract meetings, industry expos and trade fairs to keep abreast of industry trends and innovations.
- Be professionally confident to provide technical support to contract tender, evaluation and through life management, including obsolescence management.
- Previous experience working in a product support technical role.
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in either engineering or a similar related discipline
- Ability to represent TVS SCS with senior military and Civil Servant customers and be able to deputise for the team leader.
- A good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Previous experience of working in or with the UK MoD and understanding of the UK MoD processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of NATO codification requirement and process.
- A working knowledge of a supply chain end to end process.
- An interest in General hardware, engineering and willingness to develop your technical knowledge.
- This role would suit a Senior Rating/ Senior NCO or Warrant Officer leaving the Services and looking to join a company supporting Service Personnel, in a business that is due to expand over the next few years.
Security & working hours:
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
We operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and have dress down and early finish on Friday's each week.
How to apply:
Click the apply button or for an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter on 01257-225-383 or via email at email@example.com
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer