The Financial Analyst will support multiple business units with financial planning, performance, analysis and accounting functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pre-audit, verify and process employee expense reports and review for employee compliance.
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets for billing verification
- Complete all invoicing for assigned region – daily, weekly and monthly
- Assist in check runs and preparation of documentation to support check runs
- Coordinate with Purchasing Specialist for activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as equipment services and supplies including purchase requests, service requests, forms, etc. with the corporate office
- Authorize payment of purchases by comparing invoices to purchase order issued and receiving document if applicable
- Maintain customer purchase order and contract file
- Maintain the PO tracking and request new purchase orders on a timely basis from various customers.
- Issue monthly customer statements
- Customer contact for billing and invoice questions for assigned region
- Prepare customer invoice reconciliation report for cash posting
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions from customer payments for assigned region
- Process credit memos if applicable
- Update the customer master file in Dynamics with contact and credit information
- Prepare and review Accounts Receivable Aging reports on a weekly basis
- Assist in the year-end audit and tax process
- Monthly metric reporting, prepare special reports as needed
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Thoroughness / Detail Oriented
- Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
- Initiative / Time Management
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills / Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Practice
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate may occasionally be required to lift 51 pounds, anything greater than 51 pounds requires assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job is performed in an office environment. Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and vests are required personal protective equipment (PPE). This position is 95% office environment and 5% warehouse environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time. Schedule flexibility for extended or unplanned work hours is required.
Occasional travel between locations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates Degree in related field is preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting experience
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office Suite including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of financial, accounting and budgeting principles including generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.