About the role:
The role of the Financial Account is to assist the TVS Logistics and TVS Distribution group finance teams through provision of FRS 101 financial accounting support, including statutory accounts preparation for multiple groups of companies to a strict timetable.
The role will also involve treasury support and group project support, including projects for the Indian parent company. The groups are currently going through an exciting period of change as we prepare for growth over the coming years and we have a requirement for a technically competent Financial Accountant to support the FRS 101 financial accounting process.
The role would be primarily based in Chorley but would involve regular (weekly) travel to Barnsley, occasional travel to Slough and overseas as projects demand.
Responsibilities will include:
- Completion of the statutory FRS 101 accounts, including the completion of the group consolidation, sub group consolidation and some subsidiary accounts standalone accounts.
- Conversion of all subsidiary companies, including a sub group consolidation, to FRS 101 for the financial year end.
- Management of the FRS 101 conversion for all new acquisitions.
- Implementation and impact analysis of new accounting standards (IFRS15/IFRS16).
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts for multiple companies, including overseas subsidiaries.
- Consolidation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Treasury support for the group banking facility.
- Project work, financial due diligence on new acquisitions, integration of new acquisitions and support for the Indian parent company.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
This role would ideally suit a recently qualified ACA or ACCA looking to either make their first step into industry or move up to a more challenging role within industry. Key skills include;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong FRS 101 technical accounting ability.
A reasonable level of accountancy experience would be preferred as would previous experience of preparing FRS 101 financial statements and implementation of new accounting standards.
TVS are a world leading supply chain services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance - with our help they achieve their business goals.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike and a subsidised canteen.
For an informal discussion about this role or to find out more about other positions at TVS please get in touch with Bill Porter, Recruiment Manager on 01257 225 383 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer