Job Ref No
St. Peters, Missouri
14 January 2019
This position will be responsible for maintaining databases and applications, code and test SQL, applying knowledge of database management. Will require both technical level experience and ability to interface with all levels of users. Communicate or direct communication of database changes to affected parties. Understand impact of database changes and make recommendations as appropriate. Consult with project managers to design appropriate solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understand the hardware requirements for SQL Server as it relates to speciﬁc business applica&ons
• Support Microsoft SQL Server software and Databases
• Tier IV/Engineering - Support, troubleshooting, and escalation (to vendors)
• Ensure that data remains consistent across the database, user’s access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs, and there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency)
• Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
• Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
• Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
• Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
• Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
• Maintain data standards, including adherence to the company security policies and industry standards
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
• Control access permissions and privileges
• Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
• Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
• Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database
• Technical capacity
• Time management
• Communication proficiency
• Problem solving / analysis
• Customer / client focus
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The employee is exposed to high forklift traffic. The employee is required to be PPE drssed (steel –toed shoes, safety glasses and vest) when on warehouse floor.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field
• Industry certifications (Microsoft SQL or related)
• Five years previous experience database administration
• Project Management and / or coordination
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time, Exempt position. Typically Monday – Friday. Schedule flexibility to work during all hours of Operation and for extended or unplanned work hours is required, including weekends.
Travel between locations may be required.
Candidates meeting the basics of the selection criteria may apply at TVSjobs.com