TVS are a leading, global supply chain services provider implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. We are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of organisations within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe and the rest of the world as part of the $6bn TVS Group we are determined to be different; our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider.
We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
The role will be responsible for the execution of designated tasks and processes and the delivery of outputs to ensure that costs are identified, managed and controlled. It also supports the Senior Project Cost Manager in ensuring that the project complies with DE&S and Departmental policy in respect of all cost activities.
- The post holder may be required to act as a Function Development Officer (FDO)
- Provides support as necessary to design and development of project cost breakdown structure, ensuring that the output allows the project to meet cost identification and reporting requirements, including those of DE&S and Departmental finance systems;
- Ensures project/work package budgets are accurately captured and maintained within the appropriate financial and MI systems;
- Produces regular forecast of outturn covering the in-year position and the estimate at completion (EAC). Ensures that the EAC is accurately reported in Departmental submissions such as the ABC, QRPC and QCR;
- Ensures project financial systems reflect all relevant costing information, including that relating to Options exercises and other Change Requests;
- Ensures new commitments are documented and reflected accurately within financial and related systems;
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of DE&S policies and procedures for Project Controls and associated supporting documentation desirable
- Understands the principles of public finance, and has knowledge of government financial regulations contained in JSPs 472, 462, 507;
- An understanding of how project submissions contribute to the Annual Budget Cycle (ABC) and the Quarterly Review of Programme Costs (QRPC), the relationship between these two processes and their relationship to in year management and project budgets and forecasts;
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and cost control techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of the concepts of Project Controls and in-contract management including earned value management (EVM);
- An understanding of the inter-relationship between estimating, costing, risk and EVM within Project Controls;
- Knowledge of DE&S financial systems, and the various MOD financial feeder and reporting systems in use desirable
- Understanding of investment appraisal techniques;
- An understanding of regulations appropriate to the business in which the individual is deployed e.g. knowledge of the Single Source Procurement Framework (SSPF) and the implications of the DRA14 for the MOD and its suppliers, or knowledge of Private Finance Initiative (PFI).
Not all skills and experience are essential, please get in touch if you think you have the skills for this role.