The Commercial Model and Implementations Manager will be responsible for directly supporting our Business Development department. This role will manage and oversee certain activities related to the RFQ, RFP, RFIs, and contract renewal opportunities that are brought by our Business Development organization. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of bid costing, bid submission, and project implementation of new business. This position is the singular subject matter expert for contractual obligations, pricing, and commercial delivery of executed customer contracts. This role will manage and supervise a team of one or more technical and analytical resources.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role is directly responsible for the management and execution of the bidding and implementation process that impact the commercial models and ultimately deliver revenue to the business.
- Directly support assigned business initiatives as set forth by the Director of Business Development. Initiatives may include analysis of business performance, creation and documentation of new business practices, creating and understanding cost structures, conduct market research, creating company communications, and coordinating company and customer meetings.
- Directly support Business Development with quoting, costing, and project documentation. Direct support may include the management and responsibility for maintaining quote files, maintenance of scope of work files, maintenance of scope change logs, creating and maintaining process flow charts, utilizing complex spreadsheets to create costing structures, and researching and analyzing current business operating costs.
- Interact with all levels of the organization and the customer base to identify current business needs, participate in, understand and document current business processes, and provide recommendations for improvement. Interactions will include active engagement with shop-floor processes, data diving, personal discussions, and documented interactions.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute commercial review meetings ensuring proper business practices are completed in accordance with ISO and TS16949 guidelines.
- Understand, strategize, create, and execute pricing strategies that attain new profitable work for TVS. Directly support Business Development resources to secure new work.
- Manage, understand, evaluate, and address established RFI / RFP requirements. Assess contract risk and communicate to senior leadership identified gaps including but not limited to contract economics, business certifications, and operational deficiencies.
- Review existing contracts to identify scope gaps. Identify gaps and pricing opportunities. Design and prepare alternative commercial propositions to address identified gaps.
- Plan and execute implementation projects to deliver new business. This role is responsible for the efforts of commercial delivery including bid management through go-live activities. Go-live may be achieved through direct line resources or indirectly through organized project teams reporting through other management structures.
- Collaborate with technical resources to create optimal solutions based on limited customer inputs.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to communicate and transition bid requirements into operational execution.
- Interface with clients explaining pricing structures, solution design, and organizational capabilities.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Sense of urgency
- Results Driven
- Ability to make logical decisions with limited data
This job operates in warehouse environment, which is subject to seasonal temperatures and regular exposure to forklift traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate may occasionally be required to lift 51 pounds, anything greater than 51 pounds requires assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques are required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time. Schedule flexibility for extended or unplanned work hours is required.
Travel is required, regionally and internationally, between operational and customer locations with limited notice of travel requirements. Extensive travel may be required for go-live implementations.
Required Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years in Purchasing, Engineering, Marketing, or Estimating and Pricing role
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Project Management, Manufacturing, or Logistics Operations
- Minimum of 3+ years of shop floor experience, supervision experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years in client facing or customer service roles
- Six Sigma and Lean Certification is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Understanding of ISO / TS or quality systems required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel to produce and understand complex spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to be client facing in high stress multi-tasking environments
- Ability to influence decisions through interpersonal skills versus power of position
- Excellent analytical and data presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to support Business Development / Sales teams impacting bottom-line growth.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.